• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Porchester Street

Hi Jackie was sad to hear about your mom passing, if any more pics turn up I will post.
Unfortunately I can't find any of me which is a shame because I probably looked awesome haha.

Hi Jackie was sad to hear about your mom passing, if any more pics turn up I will post.
Unfortunately I can't find any of me which is a shame because I probably looked awesome haha.
Hi Terry, very glad you posted the photo’s and would be happy to see more, if you find them. Yes I’m curious to see what you look like as a child and to see if it brings back any memories. Thank you.

These three are me and one is my sis Lorraine. Not best quality but still Porchester st

Attachments

• 16A5EF37-B953-4D3F-A6AC-9ACF7A82722C.jpeg
    16A5EF37-B953-4D3F-A6AC-9ACF7A82722C.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 056BFB05-1D46-4F8A-A789-331E1CCD2A84.jpeg
    056BFB05-1D46-4F8A-A789-331E1CCD2A84.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 28
  • 2AE06DAE-FB97-447F-904A-D06CE057DE0B.jpeg
    2AE06DAE-FB97-447F-904A-D06CE057DE0B.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 29
  • BDDC46F3-D501-4091-9498-04D05CA3DB1C.jpeg
    BDDC46F3-D501-4091-9498-04D05CA3DB1C.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 29
Hi Terry, very nice photo’s, how old was you in the pics. Am I correct one with your dad, shame a little blurred. I haven’t got any only first ones on BHF was my first. One at Porchester St. at the Porchester Arms , one on the doorstep and one on Porchester St, talking to a lady with no name with Christine Fisher. Last one up the entry with my mom, the only one which I treasure.

Hi Terry, you can ask the forum or Astoness for a picture restoration, that you need help with your 4 photos. It’s worth a try. I have done it in the past, they are good And happy to help.

Hi Jackie,
Yes one is with my dad Des it may be blurred due to my mom photographing them with her shaky hands.
I think I was four on the ones outside and maybe six on the one inside.
I do remember your mom coming round for a chat on occasions.
My mom reminded me of the time I locked her in the coal cellar, I told her she deserved it.

Hi Lyn, can you tell me was there a church or a Salvation Army on the st, only I saw a lot of nuns. My sisters attended the Brownie's, did they held it there? Do you know the name of the mixed race children who lived next to us no 58. The mothers name was Jean. I am really enjoying yours and Marie's stories, very funny, bringing back memories.
Hello Jackie, I have just joined the site. I lived at number 58 with my Mom, Jean and brothers and sisters. We are the Watson's. I remember your name. You lived in the back to back at number 60 and if I remember correctly Mrs Scott lived up the entry behind you. We lived next door to the Weir's. The Mom was Sylvia and the Dad was Gilbert. The oldest son was David. We are all still around living in various parts of the country. My Mom celebrated her 81st birthday recently.

Hello Markyboy, I’m glad you remember me, our moms were friends. It’s great to hear from you. My mom was Anastacia, but Ann for short. She passed away in 2014 with Dementia. Glad your mom is here today 81 is a great age with more to come. Hope you are enjoying the BHF, plenty to read and photo’s, they are very friendly and willing to help you. If you have any photo’s post, please do.

Hello Markyboy, I’m glad you remember me, our moms were friends. It’s great to hear from you. My mom was Anastacia, but Ann for short. She passed away in 2014 with Dementia. Glad your mom is here today 81 is a great age with more to come. Hope you are enjoying the BHF, plenty to read and photo’s, they are very friendly and willing to help you. If you have any photo’s post, please do.
Sorry to hear about your Mom. My Mom survived bowel cancer some years ago and now gets around in a wheelchair due to other age related illnesses. She lives in Chelmsley Wood. I live in Devon. I went to Alma St school and I remember my teachers name was Miss Overton. I also remember the Doody's. I am amazed at the pictures of Porchester St. We have not got any photos of that time. We were poor and couldn't afford photographs.

Glad your mom survived the dreaded Cancer, you just get on with it, what life throws at you. It’s lovely down Devon, been a few times. Yes I went Alma School until the demolished our houses. Did you recognise me outside the outdoor Porchester Arms, with the old gentleman, another on doorstep of 60, another talking to a woman while Christine Fisher. I messaged Susan Doody think on Facebook. I think we all was poor, ask your mom about the tv, your mom invited my mom round. I laugh every time. Lovely to hear from you take care.

Back