• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Porchester arms...

hi jackie please dont apologise...it takes time to find your way round but you will soon get used to it...any problems just let us know...i have received your private message and sent a reply and of course photos are allowed..we have thousands that have been posted on the forum by members but sorry to hear you are having problems with that...how exactly are you trying to post a photo ?

lyn

Last edited:
Hi Lyn, it was a photo from my iPad, it wasn't clear either, but I wasn't sure how? I thought email but what email? I was told if I scan the original, I would get a better picture, it's in that secret place, I forgot where. Yes it's hard learning new forums. Is it ok to message you. Thanks for your help.

Jackie

hi jackie yes its ok to message me but im a little confused as to how you are trying to post a photo on here as you cant email them on..what you have to do is upload photos from your pc onto the forum

lyn

I have a laptop and iPad. I thought I could email. Then said idiot you can't cause I haven't got an email Address, me and technology, Lol . That's why I asked if I could message you how to do it? Still looking for my picture.

Jackie

Jackie
When you posted your earlier posts you started with a screen like this below. At the bottom (pointed to with an arrow) is a button which, if you click on it, will take you to the files on your computer. If you then choose the picture on your computor and click on open it should put your picture into your post, and then you just click on reply button to post onto the forum.

1.jpg

Thanks mikejee, I have a picture but will continue to find it. When I do I will do your method. Thanks for your help it makes sense.

Jackie

Jackie

Is this the photo that you mean?

Attachments

• Newtown Porchester St 1966 ad.JPG
    Newtown Porchester St 1966 ad.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 77
Hi Phil, yes that's fantastic. I believe it's me, also the photo Porchester Arms, the girl has the same clothes on. Loving the forum, people so helpful thank you all.

Jackie

Hi Marie, I knew a Marie Moore and a Margaret Lordon both lived in Porchester Street. I lived in Denmark Street, a street off of Porchester where the outdoor was. I don't know if you are the Marie I knew, had a sister named Alice???

Hi Marie, I knew a Marie Moore and a Margaret Lordon both lived in Porchester Street. I lived in Denmark Street, a street off of Porchester where the outdoor was. I don't know if you are the Marie I knew, had a sister named Alice???
yes Bernie , I was locked out of here , used my other site, I have checked on her for your message marie xxx

Jackie has asked for a map of Porchester St. I hope this gives her what she wants
map Porchester st c 1950.jpg

Thank you mikejee, that's great I now can see the house I was born in. Thanks again.

Jackie
Hi Jackie and I can see the house I was born in and the wall we used to sit on to throw stones over Denmark street kids haha and the metal factory we used to play in when it was closed down. my brother and sister got into the shaft and a friend cut the rope it went down like a brick , they could have been killed . the mad things we used to do hahaha xxxx

yes its me berni only just seen this xx

Hi Marie, I know it's great. It seems you were mischievous. My mother was a cleaner at the Sheet Metal Works, it was handy living across the road.

hahah I was a right tom boy, used to get the led off the roofs and copper from the old houses when they were being knocked down and sell it to the scrap man for half a crown, hahaha I could write a book Jackie, we used to send Margaret the lady who owned the out door on the corner , into the back to get ice lollies she made, and steal the sweets while she was out the back , I know naughty xxxxx

look at the picture on bottom of page Bernie

Back