• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pope's Corner

Barr_Beacon

The Prodigal Brummie
Pope's corner (New Street, Lower Temple Street?). Any photographs? I vaguely remember a large neon pen sign.

Fountain pens! When you were taught how to write and guiding the pen as you wrote. Now it seems to be the fashio to hod pens in the fist. Maybe biro type and felt pens have made people change, or is you are no longer taught how to write but pick it up as you go?

Fountain pens! When you were taught how to write and guiding the pen as you wrote. Now it seems to be the fashio to hod pens in the fist. Maybe biro type and felt pens have made people change, or is you are no longer taught how to write but pick it up as you go?
Blotting paper a bottle of Quick ink the pen leaking, thankfully those days are behind me.
Now having said that penmanship seems to be lost,
Parker fountain pens where the preferred choice as I recall

Good quality fountain pens were considered very desirable once. I still use one when writing letters, not too often these days sadly.
A history:

Not forgetting Birmingham's contribution to pens:
A fountain pen makes an ideal gift, especially for those who appear to have everything. ;)

Back