• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Poldark

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Still a cracking story even with the lack of Cornish accents,I don't really want to be unfaithful to Thomas Shelby but I am already slightly in love with Ross,LOL.

Its a much better adaption than Jamaica Inn at least you can understand it, but did recognise a couple of them who are in both. I really enjoyed it. Alberta still lusting after Thomas though.

Alberta after reading this I could be changing.

Next week the temperature rises as Poldark has a Darcy moment and goes swimming naked. The week after that he’s in the fields with his shirt off.
Ladies, you have been warned. This sexy Poldark is so, so much more than a bodice-ripper, but if there are bodices and if they must be ripped, then good god, Elizabeth, what better man to do it than Aidan Turner.

Reading this I now understand why Ladies used to not be allowed in the Public Bars :redface:

I was surprised that they did not add an appreciation of Warren Clarke at the end of the credits, as is usual if a main actor has died before transmission

I am already slightly in love with Ross,LOL.[/QUOTE]

Oh Dear Alberta I must cross you off my list Does anyone else fancy an 87 year old wreck with few teeth, a gammy leg and no money?

Old Boy

Alberta after reading this I could be changing.

Next week the temperature rises as Poldark has a Darcy moment and goes swimming naked. The week after that he’s in the fields with his shirt off.
Ladies, you have been warned. This sexy Poldark is so, so much more than a bodice-ripper, but if there are bodices and if they must be ripped, then good god, Elizabeth, what better man to do it than Aidan Turner.

There will be a blob of mud in a strategic place.

I haven't worn a liberty bodice in years - but if that means Aidan Turner will rip it off, then I'm willing to be persuaded to return to them, with or without the blob of mud.

I missed it but I think I'm going to have to find it on catch up after all these comments!!!

Charlie, that's so funny :adoration:

Are you a wench Charlie as a Brummie friend of mine, over 80, says he wore a liberty bodice as a little boy. Poldark inaugerated babies' names such as Demelza & Verity maybe they will make a comeback. I met a Dickon once at a party.

Clinging desperately to the thread ...

I wore a liberty bodice when I was little, during the war, it had rubber buttons.

An' I ayna wench !

I am a wench Nico. I think Aiden would have a job on his hands trying to rip off those rubber buttons!

Living a couple of miles away from Poldark mine I can only say that I find it very difficult to stay awake whilst it's on, my Wife seems to like it though so I suppose I must continue to suffer :)

Last edited:
If it is a hit in Germany it will mean more German coaches Nick (think Rosamund Pilcher stories)............ saw the first one of the Spring today along the A30:encouragement:

Must say I loved every moment of Poldark & I am so looking forward to the next & future episodes :love_heart:

Back