• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Poets Corner

mbenne

master brummie
Not sure if this is the place but thought it would be nice to add a creative thread for poetry......

My Mom was an active member of Sheldon Community Church and was never happier than when she was helping others. Always had a good word to say, never seemed to get flustered or upset. She had only one weakness....Cream cakes!

One Saturday afternoon she was returning from Solihull where she had just bought several cakes from Druckers. Making her way to the car park she noticed a lady struggling to get on a bus with two young children, one on foot and the other in a pushchair. My Mom stepped in and handed the lady her carrier bag while helping another passenger lift the pushchair onto the bus. The lady thanked her, the doors closed and the bus departed. Only then did she realsise that the lady still had the bag containing her cakes. Worse still it also contained her purse - no cards just a couple of notes and some change!. There was nothing she could do. She returned home and told my Dad what had happened. He was fuming and asked her what she thought. My Mom replied "She probably needed it more than I did". Typical of my Mom.

This one's for my Mom. Sorry if it has no particular form, its just words!

HAPPINESS

She dreamed she was awake
And when she awoke she was
And all that she had dreamed of lay before her
Just as it had always been
Except she’d been sleeping, Waiting.

So had she dreamed of reality?
Or in reality had she dreamed?
She could not tell
For they were now both as one
And she was truly happy.

Back