• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

please please

loisand

master brummie
You are all so good on here at fixing photos I wondered if you could help with this one please, I'm hopin I've attached it....thankyou

Loisand, my daughter says if you are keen to get the photo restored, take it to Max Spielmann and ask for theirrestoration service - costs around £15 though, but will be a good result - she works in the one in Chester and has seen the results first hand.
Assume the flash mark is on the original, not from someone taking a photo of the original - if it is flash, try taking it without flash on and editing it to revive brightness.
Sue

A good tip if you have to photograph a photo in a glass frame put it in daylight and switch the flash off your camera. Sometimes the effect is brilliant.

You are all so good on here at fixing photos I wondered if you could help with this one please, I'm hopin I've attached it....thankyou

Can I take a wild guess and suggest you have taken a photo of a framed picture and the flash has spoiled it?

If I am correct, take a picture from an angle- from the left and the right avoiding the flash reflection and I might be able to use Photoshop's perspective crop to get the picture right.

Here are of my three efforts. While I have pretty good technical skills, my artistic abilities leave a lot to be desired; the problem with damaged features, such as dad’s nose is some artistic ability is required to do a good job; it is also very subjective and only you know what dad’s nose looked like.

But here are three attempts I’ve made at rebuilding the nose. Maybe somebody else could improve it. If you had another pic of dad from a similar angle I might be able to do something better.

View attachment 71089View attachment 71090View attachment 71091

John I wish I had your talent for enhancing photo's what a brilliant result!

Back