• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Please help, trying to find someone

Ronan

Hi everyone, I'm trying to trace a family member who was born in Birmingham in 1970 at the Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre.

They lived in Brooklea Grove, Kings Norton although the address provided on the birth certificate was his mother's parents home on Woodend Road. I live in Northern Ireland and have no way of checking the British Electoral Register from here.

I'm at a dead end with information to go any further and I would love to make contact with them this year as they will also be turning 50, please help me

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ronan
I think there is no way anyone can help you unless you give a name. In addition, as the person is (probably) a living person, any information provided by members should be sent by private message, not on the open forum

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ronan, welcome to the forum.
If you would like to send me a private message ,with names of the person and the mother , I will see if there is anything I can find out for you. Alberta.
Just click into my user name and start conversation.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is always a possibility Eric but most people are on some kind of record so there is not much chance of anonimity in todays world. The exception being those who have been adopted whose identity is always private unless they wish it otherwise.
In any case is is always wise to tread carefully when searching for living persons.

Ronan

Hi everyone thank you all for your replies, there is nothing malicious or untoward in my search, I'm hoping to find a brother that I only found out very recently that I have (half brother). I want to know he is ok and anything after that is a bonus, I want to put my mind at rest either way

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
totally understand ronan...i would suggest you do as advised on post 3 and contact alberta via our private messages if you wish to divulge any names as those messages can only been seen by yourself and the recipient...she maybe able to help you....best of luck with your seach

lyn

Ronan

totally understand ronan...i would suggest you do as advised on post 3 and contact alberta via our private messages if you wish to divulge any names as those messages can only been seen by yourself and the recipient...she maybe able to help you....best of luck with your seach

lyn
Thank you Astoness, I have messaged Alberta with all the details I have, I hope it's enough to get started at least. Thank you again. Ronán

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
well done ronan i am sure alberta will reply as soon as she can...she is very good at pointing people in the right direction in these matters and very discreet....really hope things work out for you..

lyn