• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Please can anyone help with tidying this photo please.

W

Wendy

img458.jpg

I will pass on going any further than this as I feel it needs an artists touch as well as photo tweaking expertise Wendy. Sorry.

Wendy Photo.jpg

That's about as much as I would like to do on this, they start to look a little bit unreal otherwise; hope its ok? Who are they, where and when?img458v1.jpg

hi mort what a difference you have made to that great photo of wendys...wonderful

lyn

Thank you so much Morturn, thats fantastic. I can now put it on my digital photo frame thank you again..x

The photo is my Dad Neville Jennings and his sister Beatrice Hook my dad lived with her and her husband in Slade Road Erdington from the age of 14 until he married my mother in his mid 20's. I think the photo may have been taken on holiday, their sister Ethel Morris lived in Boscombe, we had many wonderful holidays there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Wendy, I had an Aunt whose maiden name was Ethel Hook and she married Alfred Timmins and they lived in Erdington. I wonder if there is any connection.

Thank you so much Morturn, thats fantastic. I can now put it on my digital photo frame thank you again..x

The photo is my Dad Neville Jennings and his sister Beatrice Hook my dad lived with her and her husband in Slade Road Erdington from the age of 14 until he married my mother in his mid 20's. I think the photo may have been taken on holiday, their sister Ethel Morris lived in Boscombe, we had many wonerdful holidays there.

My pleasure Wendy x

Hello Wendy
I enjoy browsing through old photos and came across yours, restoring old pics is also a hobby so I hope you don't mind but thought I would submit my efforts on this great photo,BW.jpgcol.jpg

Hi Wendy, I had an Aunt whose maiden name was Ethel Hook and she married Alfred Timmins and they lived in Erdington. I wonder if there is any connection.

you never know carol you could be related to wendy dont think hook is a common name..

great job you have done on wendys photo dennis...

lyn

Oh wow thank you Dennis putting colour certainly brings the photo alive I will save that one as well as Morturns.

Carol my dads sister married Thomas Arnold Hook at St James Aston in 1930. The only record I have for Uncle Tom's birth is a church record from St Marys Aston which states he was born 29 Jan 1907. I have never found a birth registered which has always made me wonder. I think he was an only child his parents were Thomas Arnold Hook (he must have been named after him) his mother was Ellen Williams. Sorry I don't have much more info. They were a lovely aunt and uncle who I remember with great fondness.

Hi Wendy

I have never found a birth registered which has always made me wonder.

Could this be his birth registration?
Thomas Arnold Hook JFM 1907 Aston Ref 6d 372

Suzanne

Thats brilliant Suzanne I searched for ages and must have missed it thank you so much.

Wendy.

Hi Wendy I have just had a look at Ethel Hook in my family tree and her mother's maiden name was Hatton. So we aren't related - you are let off the hook.....

Back