• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Play House

I think then when cameras were not as common, particularly in those areas, when kids saw you taking photographs they often followed you around

mike i am sure thats true but these two pics are taken in the same location...note the two air bricks to the left of the small window in both photos..word must have got around in pic 2

playhouse 2.jpg playhouse.jpg

I was not suggesting they were not Lyn. But had not noticed the air bricks

guessed that mike...i was just pointing that out so that we can put these two photos together if we ever find out the location..we have 11 children in the 2nd photo i just wished one of them would come forward:) early days yet but fingers crossed

lyn

Last edited:
Yes Lyn ! He seems a little camera shy in both.

The 'torch' has been passed to the boy between the girls. I think the boy standing alone on the window sill is a bit of a toughie.

I like the way the boys have their jeans turned up. Possibly older brothers jeans and/or a fashion statement. I remember skinheads and teddy boys used to do that. Viv.

yes viv he does bless him...and the lad sitting on the window sill has such a cheeky grin...bit more serious looking in photo 2 though...brill photos and gut feeling is steering me towards the ladywood area for these 2 pics...probably miles out though:rolleyes:

lyn

viv
the jeans look fairly new to me, relatively unworn, so far more likely he is be in fashionable It wasn't just teddy boys and skinheads

When denim jeans first arrived in the UK in the 50's (my first pair anyway) that's the way they were worn. Skin tight and a four inch turn up, I don't think it was until the advent of bell bottoms that the turn up disappeared

Back