• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Plato/Barlow marriage at St. Martins

jennifercfuller

Brummie babby
Is anybody able to look up the marriage of Charles Plato and Ann Barlow on the 1st April 1789? Any further information would be most helpful. I am particularly interested in Charles Plato and where he comes from. Thanks.

Sorry to disagree James

I have the marriage at St Martins in the Bull Ring. Charles Plato and Ann Barlow. 1st April 1789. They were both of the parish, bachelor and spinster and both signed the register the only other info is the witnesses were Joseph Allen who made his mark x and Mary Hanson who signed her own name.

Sorry Wendy i was looking on Ancestory.com and couldnt see that, where did you find it? It may help me with my own research :) As far as im aware Jennifer there is only one St Martins in Birmingham.

James

Thank you for the information, I shall look at the witnesses to see if I can find out anything as my trail on Charles Plato has gone cold.
Thanks Jenny

Re jamesg1977 message, Charles Plato was my 4th great grandfather. I have some information on him and his wife Ann but would like some more info if anyone can help. Neil

Hi Neil, Charles Plato is also my 4th great grandfather, I have found information about him hard to come by. My tree from Charles is Sylvester, Henry, John James then Fanny who is my grandmother. And the Plato name stops as a surname on my line. What route do you have? I got some information from an Australian Plato site but haven't been able to confirm it. What information are you after? By the way I am in Kent too. Jenny

Hi Jenny, I am looking for information on Charles Plato's birth or before that of his family. Have you seen my tree on Ancestry.co.uk? It's called the Jordan Family. I live in Wainscott near Rochester. Neil

Have found no record charles Plato birth but his children
all baptised At St Peter RC Francisan mission Birmingham
Charles 1790
Sylvester 1793
Henrietta 1795.
there are baptisms in London for children of a Charles Plato wife Ann at St Luke, old Street, Finsbury Park.
Richard 1803
Elizabeth 1805
Thomas 1807
Margaret 1809

as Plato is an Italian surname could it be that Charles was born there.

Hi there Neil, I'm sure you already have the details posted by Alberta, an Italian surname is a new one on me. My mum thought it was greek but i'm inclined to go a but more eastern european. I dont have anything about Charles Plato before 1789 but check out this site https://www.plato.id.au/ . I was going to look at all the Platos in this country and sort them all out but thats a winter project. I would be quite happy for you to look at all my info at some point. [email protected]

Back