• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Plastic Surgery

Williamstreeter

master brummie
I've just seen an advert on tv featuring Simon Cowell . I've seen many pictures of Mr Cowell in the press I do not watch X Factor mainly because of the boredom factor . Having said that his face doesn't look like it used to has he had Botox in his lips , why can't people grow old gracefully ?

Williamstreeter

master brummie
It's gotten to the point where some of these celebs are no longer recognizable.
I like Dolly Partons comment " it takes a lot of money to look this cheap "
Exactly Bob , Tom Jones cannot have room for much more work surely, they must have pulled the skin up from his feet his face looks that tight . Carol Vordermans another one that is slowly becoming unrecognisable .

mw0njm.

brummie dude
I've just seen an advert on tv featuring Simon Cowell . I've seen many pictures of Mr Cowell in the press I do not watch X Factor mainly because of the boredom factor . Having said that his face doesn't look like it used to has he had Botox in his lips , why can't people grow old gracefully ?
I am lol. I have to have plastic surgery next week to remove a sis of my neck. while I am there I will ask if they will make me look 30 years younger.:grinning:

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know of any Birmingham men who benefitted from the pioneering surgery mentioned by Lady P in the previous post. I know that men from all over the country were treated at East Grinstead Hospital. Viv.

Robert Ensor (bob)

master brummie
If Archie McIndoe could see how his pioneering work in WW2 was being used now I think he's have a fit!
Plastic surgery, in the UK was (I think), first used in WW1 but it was McIndoe who greatly improved the treatment using it at his hospital in East Grinstead.
I watched a TV series years ago on PBS here surrounding the boys and the burns, and the work of McIndoe

It does seem some modern day cosmetic surgeons make a mockery of his work, but thankfully some perform miracles in reconstructive surgery
Does anyone else recall the series typical Sunday night fare, I would love to watch it again.

Williamstreeter

master brummie
The one thing that makes me smile about all this , women having their lips pumped full of this rubbish . The end product makes it look as though they took up that well known offer "Do you wanna thick lip" ?

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Does anyone know of any Birmingham men who benefitted from the pioneering surgery mentioned by Lady P in the previous post. I know that men from all over the country were treated at East Grinstead Hospital. Viv.
Although not in Birmingham, Wordesley Hospital, Stourbridge was the plastic surgery hospital for the West Midlands. They began pioneering this type of surgery during the Great War and have a website:

This was another hospital I spent time in during the 1960's. The wards were all the 'huts' from the war. The huts were in a long row joined by an open veranda and the operating theatre was a hut in the middle of the row. When it was time for your operation you were wheeled out into the open air on a trolley and taken to the theatre hut. OK in the summer but not in the winter!

Big Gee

master brummie
I used to enjoy 'Men Behaving Badly' on the box - silly, but funny. And in particular I enjoyed looking at Leslie Ash, a beautiful girl if ever there was one. And then - she had her lips 'fixed'. It was by all accounts disastrous.
Is she still seen on TV these days, would anyone know?

G