• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pitt & Swatkins

hi Steph
I worked at Pitt & Swatkins 1963 to 1972 I worked in the maker up shop along side Joe Allchurch Robert Hill and David Jones would love to know how Richard,Jeremy and Nicholas Swatkins are doing.

That's brilliant. Richard has died unfortunately, Mr. Stan died a couple of years ago at the ripe old age of 94, hopefully you remember them and the owner Wilfred Swatkins. Nicholas and Jeremy have been retired quite some time now. However Jeremy still comes in and see's us on occasion.

Hi Steph
Thanks for getting back to me yes I remember Wilfred and Stan they gave me my first full time job after leaving school if Jeremy calls in can you say hello my name is Patrick Garland and thanks again for your replies.

Hi Patrick, Wow, that's great. Well, we have been in business now for 118 years, 5 generations down the Swatkins family line. I have just spoken with him, and he said it is great to hear from you. He hopes you are well. Thank you. Do you still work in the trade?

Hi Steph I am retired now when I left Pitt & Swatkins in1972 I went to work for post office telephones and worked there for nearly 40 years will always be grateful to Wilfred and Stan for taking me on after leaving school I have great memories of my time there.kind regards Patrick.

iu

Back