• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pinfold House Mansfield Road Yardley

It's been a while since this was last commented on, but I actually looked up P A Leonard today, he was in the Kelly's Directory of 1940 Mansfield Road, a Motor Engineer. The P stood for Percy.

Walked past there the other day, looks good the work they have done, the new estate at the back has a link to the past as it has Jowett in its title, can't remember if its close road or something similar, the old barn looks like its been converted into a couple of houses and the sign is still present on the wall

Hi there

I am trying to find out anything I can about the barns on Mansfield Road - the connection with the Jowett Jupiter (I believe it was a dealer), when it became Yardley Tools and any historical facts I can find pre and post these two pieces of information I have. A swift response would be most appreciated.

Reviving an older thread, I came across a photo from circa 1952 which I believe shows a garage located in Mansfield Road, Yardley - I looked at a current comparison view on Streetview and the main building of the garage (now a residential dwelling) is still present on the corner of the newer Jowett Close development.

Hope this may be of interest.

Attachments

• Circa 1952, Mansfield Rd, Yardley, 'Shirley Automobile Electric Service' Garage .jpg
    Circa 1952, Mansfield Rd, Yardley, 'Shirley Automobile Electric Service' Garage .jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 18
Back