• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pinfold House Mansfield Road Yardley

bilsat

master brummie
Talking to a friend the other day I was supprised to hear that Pinfold House is now empty and vandals have broken in and started to distroy it, has it been bought by a developer?I thought it had Grade 2 listing:(:(

Bilsat its been empty for some time now. the area around it has been redeveloped into new housing. Strange how these grade II listed buildings get left to be destoyed by vandles untill there is no option but to demolish them.

A little update. the last person to live there was a mrs Lenard not sure about the spelling, that was in 2004/5. Yardley tools building and yard buildings are all fenced off and as yet still standing.

Thanks Robert.
I knew the leonards family quite well as my father worked for Mr leonard when he bought Pinfold House, he was involved with the restoration of it and to developement of the garden and the extending of the garden by the canal. One day my dad and the workers at the garage were all bundled in vans and went to a cinema being demolished were the parket flooring was being ripped up and then dunped into the vans, they had two hours to collect as much as they could! They collected enough to refloor the whole of Pinfold House. I do hope that is is to remain intact.....

Pinfold House was sold by auction last week for £110,000 I am led to believe the new owner intends to refubish and reside there.

Pinfold House, Mansfield Road, Yardley also known as Mansfield House. A pinfold was an enclosure where stray animals were taken and the farmer could claim them by paying a fine. Mary Ann, my great great grandfathers sisterwas Mr Mansfields widow, and lived here in the late 1800s. She died in 1907.
Attached farm buildings were later used as a garage selling Jowett cars.
I took photos on Friday 18 June 2010.

Talking to a friend the other day I was supprised to hear that Pinfold House is now empty and vandals have broken in and started to distroy it, has it been bought by a developer?I thought it had Grade 2 listing:(:(

hi,

Pinfold House has now been purchased by a private individual who is going to renovate it to its former glory ( and use it as his family home) ...

hi robert

the new owner took possesion of pinfold house this weekend.... already changes are in progress.. it will be a beautiful family home when finished

for anyone interested in Pinfold house yardley ... I am hoping to set up a monthly update ( photographs etc of the interior and exterior ) of the renovation of this beautiful building and grounds ... watch this space !!!!!

for anyone interested in Pinfold house yardley ... I am hoping to set up a monthly update ( photographs etc of the interior and exterior ) of the renovation of this beautiful building and grounds ... watch this space !!!!!

brillient news...yes diane please keep us updated with the progress...i shall follow this thread with great interest....

Yes as Lyn says brilliant news keep us informed, can't wait to see some photo's!!

hi dwilly,

not too sure what is exactly happening with the adjoinig land etc . will find out in nxt day or so ..

I used to live in Mansfield Road, I lived there for 14 years and I knew the last owner quite well. We use to have our neighbourhood watch meetings in Pinfold House and what a beautiful house it is inside. Some of the timbers used inside were taken from sailing ships. The buildings which used to be Yardley Tools are actually older then the house itself. Mr Malcom Leonard also owned the lockup garages which he rented out. I hope the builders dont get the idea of demolishing it, the orinal plan was to build an housing estate on the land but rumour has it the builders made a mis-judgement and found out they could not touch the buildings lets hope it stays that way.

I get "invalid attatchment" on your post, I am afraid Dianne.
Thank you for the insights into the interior of Pinfold House, Gordon. We would never have known without your post.

Back