• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

pile of stones

You could always go take a shovel and dig them up but you never know what lies beneath. If you do take some photo's for us Pete. Jean.

shovel, i would need a jcb. on google earth it said they were a burial site.dont fancy looking under them.never know who might be down there.

i have a dog that detects dead things.:ie smelly old fish on the beach then rolls in it lol

I guess those pile of stones is as good as X marks the spot but I would not fancy any digging Pete.

Pete. Before you and I were born. Will that help ????
The only word I could think of was Neolithic and its said Late Stone Age.
I bet there is a few bones for the dog under there.

It looks to me like Coetan Arthur. On the Lyn Peninsula down by Aberdearon there are quite a few burial chambers around that part of Wales. There are some on the headland near to where my wife and I sometimes go camping at Llanbedrog overlooking Abersoch, not sure Ive spelt that properly

Last edited by a moderator:
balrog.well done.you win.they are just by Aberdaron.on the Llyn. my dog does not eat bones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just googled it and there are quite a few like these some being ancient priests buriel sites. Nice part of the world you live Pete despite all these bones. Jean.

Fantastic as piles of stones go dont you think? I'm always intrigued by these ancient places. Weyland Smithy the long Barrow near to the White Horse at Uffington is another of my favourites. Thanks for posting the picture mw0njm, it reminds me of my holidays.

Back