• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pictures if possible of The Hadleys

Vixen

master brummie
Hi this is most likely a long shot but Im looking for anyone out there who may have had relatives who knew John William Hadley and his wife May Elizabeth Johns. John was born 1892/93 and May was born 1896/98. They had George Hadley 1924-2002, Percy Ernest Hadley 1920-1993, May Matilda Hadley 3rd July 1916, Edna V Hadley 1922-1949.

I would love it if anyone had relatives who knew John William Hadley and May Elizabeth Johns and their children and who may have any old photos they could share. I know very little about my family, and photos are sorely missing.

John was born 6th Dec 1892/93, Aston, Birmingham to John William Hadley and Emily Portlock. In 1939 John lived at 128 Bendall Road, birmingham. He was an electric crane driver. I dont know for which company. May E Johns was born 3rd Feb 1896/8 to Matilda Mayes and George Johns. Percy in 1939 was an electrical assembler and I believe he went onto marry Gladys Cleghorn. I have limited information on his wife. George Hadley went onto marry Vera Swinden. George and Vera are my grandparents. Edna was married to a William Thomason but was found in a lake in 1949 deceased. May married Bernard Douglas Anthony. I dont have a death date for her at present.

Any info on this family or any pictures would be so appreciated. I would love to put a face to the names. I have pictures of George and Vera.

Thanks All

Back