• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

pictures change colour

Are you referring to 'scanned' pictures, or good pictures that you are posting.
If it is with your scanner, is it one side of the pic all the time or does it vary.
Maybe we need more info.

im talking about pictures saved on my computer,im using picasa3 but it the same in windows live photo'sits not them all just a few ?

sh... (were I you I wouldn't use my email address on an open forum as it can attract spam)
Can you tell us what file type the affected pictures ore stored in? You can find out by right clicking the picture file and selecting "Properties". See below; this is a jpg file.

Are you putting your memory card straight into your printer or downloading from your camera, this happened to me a couple of times when putting memory card into printer, I found if I wiped the connection bit on the memory card with a clean dry cloth and downloaded my pics again they were ok.

Hang on, I'm getting confused here. Are the photos degrading while stored on the computer or what?

sh... (were I you I wouldn't use my email address on an open forum as it can attract spam)
Can you tell us what file type the affected pictures ore stored in? You can find out by right clicking the picture file and selecting "Properties". See below; this is a jpg file.

they are jpg files

Are you putting your memory card straight into your printer or downloading from your camera, this happened to me a couple of times when putting memory card into printer, I found if I wiped the connection bit on the memory card with a clean dry cloth and downloaded my pics again they were ok.

thanks for tip i will remember this

yes they are stored on my computer
Hi,
I'm assuming you put the images into your computer from your camera probably using a USB cable.
Are the photos still in the camera?
If so, do they still look good in the camera?
Sometimes, images can be corrupted when transferring by card.
If they are still in the camera, try re-transferrng by cable.
Perhaps you need to outline where the images started from, how you put them into your computer.
Usually jpg images corrupt in the lower part of the picture, its unusual to have one side altered. Were they once ok in your computer or have they always been coloured
If the pictures are not private perhaps you could reduce file size and post one on here.
Rather a lot of questions.:)

Hi,
I'm assuming you put the images into your computer from your camera probably using a USB cable.
Are the photos still in the camera?
If so, do they still look good in the camera?
Sometimes, images can be corrupted when transferring by card.
If they are still in the camera, try re-transferrng by cable.
Perhaps you need to outline where the images started from, how you put them into your computer.
Usually jpg images corrupt in the lower part of the picture, its unusual to have one side altered. Were they once ok in your computer or have they always been coloured
If the pictures are not private perhaps you could reduce file size and post one on here.
Rather a lot of questions.:)

i think youve answered my question thanks to all that replied to my threat,
know could you

Oisin what do i have to do not to use my email address ?????

Back