• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Picture Restoration

aggyann10

proper brummie kid
could anybody possibly restore this photo to its former glory??could anybody possibly restore this photo to its former glory??

Attachments

• mom dad.jpg
    mom dad.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
Not a lot to work with so not a good outcome I'm afraid, J.

Attachments

• Mom and Dad_Aggyann10 230717.jpg
    Mom and Dad_Aggyann10 230717.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 44
Given the quality, or should I say lack of quality, of the original, that's very good, Jonob. I took one look at it, and between dealing with a Greek plumber fixing a solar panel problem at that time, decided I would leave it for now. To be honest I couldn't have done any better. The object is also to restore and not invent missing bits. The detail simply wasn't there.

Maurice

Thank you for trying to correct this photo, although i realise it is not a very good one, i think it is a remarkable difference. The couple walking down the street are my mother and father. I wanted to try and get it tidied up and then printed on canvas if it is possible. We will see how it goes. Thank you once again ..Eileen

I had a go at it but unfortunately it is not possible to put in detail when it is not there on the original. I have cropped it to remove some of the right side of the original. Also, because of the lack of detail it would not print well.
mom dad_a.jpg

Back