• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Picture Restoration

star43

master brummie
I would be really grateful if someone could help me to restore this damaged photo of my Grandad and his brother.

Not good but I've had a go

That is not a bad restore, the problem is the low resolutionof the original image.

Star43, can you rescan it at a higher resolution, the higherthe better, and when you do the preview scan, crop off the area of white, soyou scan the picture only.

It it is then too large a file size to post here, send it tome via ‘dropload’. Ill post details and instruction if you need them.

Regards

Thankyou Frothblower for having a go with such a poor image any changes are an improvemnt on the original.

Nice one Morturn. You got the fathers mouth right, I used the son's mouth.

Last edited:
Brilliant - Thank you all for taking the time to do this. These old photos are rare and precious so to find them damaged is always a disappointment, but thanks to your hard work the image has been restored. I am very grateful.

What a lovely photo it reminds me of the two young guys in the classic film" Once upon a time in New York":):):D

I wonder if anyone could tidy up this photo of my husband's grandmother with his dad on her lap. Taken around 1918 when the family lived in Suffolk. Many thanks for any help. Judy.

Last Family 1918.jpg

Hi

Hope this will be OK, It a bit difficult to know when tostop, but I think this does not look too bad now. I can email you a higher res version if you want.
Restore 1.jpg

Jayell what a lovely photo - they really did dress the little boys like girls in those days didn't they.
Well done to morturn and templer - brilliant results!

Mortun and Templer - Simply brilliant! Couldn't have asked for more. Thank you both so much for your help and your quick response. Hubby is most impressed.

Judy

Thanks Frothy! Another brilliant restoration. What a great Forum this is, with all our experts.

Judy

what a charming photo judy and well done to everyone for the restorations...

lyn

Back