• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Picture re-touch

This is my husband's father’s soon to be wife taken in 1935. Could I ask if this could be tidied up and lightened.
Both my husbands father and wife have now passed, and I would like to give to my husband a better copy.
Thank you so much for your time and trouble.
A very merry Christmas to all members of this forum.
Pauline.

Attachments

• 8F2DA169-CD95-49F4-891C-85A7849DDC78.jpeg
    8F2DA169-CD95-49F4-891C-85A7849DDC78.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Hello,
could I ask for someone to add some grey hair to this picture ( The gent in the middle) of a family member who so likes to enjoy himself whilst out with the family.
Thank you so much, Pauline.

Attachments

• 35313073-7477-4131-B97B-EED87BD76D9F.jpeg
    35313073-7477-4131-B97B-EED87BD76D9F.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 43
I'v just found this thread (seems Pauline has got a good hold on you lot), so I would just like to see if anyone could have a go at grandmothers' sister for me......and please note that the name is in no way related to Pauline:grinning:!!!!

Attachments

• Alice Horton.jpg
    Alice Horton.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 25
Resolution much too low to do a lot to this one. Can you scan it at a higher res? Best attempt at the moment:

Attachments

• Alice Horton(1).jpg
    Alice Horton(1).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 12
I'v just found this thread (seems Pauline has got a good hold on you lot), so I would just like to see if anyone could have a go at grandmothers' sister for me......and please note that the name is in no way related to Pauline:grinning:!!!!
A try from me, regards, John.

Attachments

• Alice Horton_negritaspider_19Dec2021.jpg
    Alice Horton_negritaspider_19Dec2021.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 20
Thanks everyone, both the photos look so much better -and John, does Alice seem to be wearing a hairnet on your tidy up??? They were all the rage back then:D

My daughter is currently rummaging though photos that have come out of my brothers loft...any chance you could get rid of the colouring that was added to the below chistening photo?

Attachments

• chistening photo.JPEG
    chistening photo.JPEG
    68.6 KB · Views: 38
I hope every ‘picture magician’ that contributes to this fabulous site had a very merry Christmas and the very best wishes for 2022.
Having been away over Christmas and new year, we returned with lots of photographs, one in particular I have, needs the reflection taken out of my glasses.
Many thanks to all you super helpful people for your never ending help.

Attachments

• 61850259-23F4-42D8-A9A2-20293E66A3A4.jpeg
    61850259-23F4-42D8-A9A2-20293E66A3A4.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 41
A go from another image manipulator ... :)
View attachment 165906
I hope every ‘picture magician’ that contributes to this fabulous site had a very merry Christmas and the very best wishes for 2022.
Having been away over Christmas and new year, we returned with lots of photographs, one in particular I have, needs the reflection taken out of my glasses.
Many thanks to all you super helpful people for your never ending help.
Another, regards, John.

Attachments

• Pauline Horton .jpg
    Pauline Horton .jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 23
Back