• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Phyllis Nicklin's Working Life

thats great news carolina...does it tell us if they will be online for the public to see them ie on the brum pics site which is where the others are??

lyn
No Lynn it doesnt say where they will be but its good that there is another 2000!

its fantastic news carolina...ive just emailed someone who should know if they will be available for public viewing after they have been scanned.....will post on this thread when i have some info

lyn

i have spoken to david oram who scanned the original 750 images that were found and he has now taken up the unenviable task of scanning this latest batch of 2000 unseen photos...he reckons this will take him until late 2019 to complete the task...he will then decide where best to put them for public viewing...most likely on the brum pics site which is where the other nicklin slides are...this latest find takes in images of the black country...shropshire...warwickshire and worcestershire..i was just thinking that it would not surprise me if phyllis took some insitu photos of some of the buildings that are now housed at the black country living museum

lyn

Back