• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Phyllis Nicklin's Working Life

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
There are several threads on the Forum about Phyllis Nicklin's photographic work, her background and her legacy. But none of these show her day-to -day work. Here are a few glimpses of that work. They tell us that, not only did she lecture at Birmingham University, but she also delivered courses around the Midlands at weekends and during summer breaks.

The first shows a rare (albeit poor quality) image of Phyllis at a Coventry Historical meeting. Viv.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

thats very interesting info viv thanks..as a keen photographer i bet phyllis was not very impressed with that photo of herself

lyn

Can you view these Mort ?

Lyn - be nice to see the photo in the original newspaper as I'm sure it would be better than the one scanned online. Viv

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 160
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 148
Phyllis' popularity as a lecturer was such that her University lectures had to be held in the largest lecture theatre. And she was certainly in demand further afield. Viv.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

There is something technically strange with this thread ...
I can see the images and the thumbnails expand when I am not logged in but
cannot see them when I am logged in ... I get error messages.
Using PC and also iPad, same results on both.
I have never seen that before ...:)

To Mort and OM - This might be due to 'permissions'. Shall ask Warren to look into it for us. Viv.

There is something technically strange with this thread ...
I can see the images and the thumbnails expand when I am not logged in but
cannot see them when I am logged in ... I get error messages.
Using PC and also iPad, same results on both.
I have never seen that before ...:)

i had the same problem with a thread some weeks back phil although with this one i can see all the images ok if logged in or logged out very odd

lyn

Hi Lyn, it is something to do with permissions because I have no 'edit' option in this thread and also have no 'image upload' option. I have just uploaded one of the above pics in the forum test area with no problem so the images are ok.
Phil

I've asked Warren to look into the permissions so hopefully we can get it working for you all. Lyn and I have the necessary permission as moderators.

The alternative is to move the thread to another area where members have access. Viv.

Back