• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Phyllis Nicklin

Hello Paul and welcome. As Astoness says, we're so very pleased you've given us permission to show your aunts pictures. I started the thread as a result of another thread about the recent release of your aunt's unseen images. but it's Devonjim who we all have to thank for tracking you down. It's been an absolute pleasure looking into your aunts life. I hope you stay 'tuned' to BHF as we like delving in to all sorts of history. One of the many things I found interesting about your aunt was her historical geography interest. It's something we find ourselves looking at so often on the Forum. I think, and hope, your aunt would have approved.

Our posts may have crossed. I've amended the name and place details you mentioned. Thanks for those.

If you feel the urge to share anything else with us, please do so. Many thanks for all your help. Viv.

An interesting couple of weeks since I contacted Malcolm Pressey via Ancestry. He introduced me to his mother's cousin, a Nicklin by birth, who on our behalf contacted Paul who is Phyllis's nephew. We have had the pictures for twenty four hours but we wanted to be sure that we had the approval of the various members of the family and that weren't about to spark a family "feud" by putting these pictures on BHF.
Old Mohawk I know you like your words, on Wednesday I learnt what for me was a new word "yarak" I think it describes the last 24 hours!
Paul please thank your family for their support of this quest.

hi paul i have tried sending you a private message but i dont think you are allowing them it could be that you have not ticked the allow private message box..its just that i wanted to ask you something...

all the best

lyn

hi folks...i was chatting to carl the other day about our success at tracking down a photo of phyllis and he has asked me to pass on this message to members involved in the hunt...

Great work by all of you Lyn – please pass on my congratulations and admiration to all concerned.

Best wishes

Carl

hi paul just tried sending you a pm and it it still saying that you are not allowing them to be sent...

lyn

Last edited:
Hello Paul, I have spent hours looking at the University catalogue, looking for your Aunt's slides. We found the first release of the slides a few years ago, so we are all delighted to know that there are so many more to see. I actually shouted when I read that the 'lost' slides have been found, I can't wait to see them. It is also good to see the photo and the sketch of Phyllis.
Thank you.

We shall soon have a Phyllis Nicklin Archive on BHF which will celebrate Phyllis's life and work. Viv.

Last edited:
Back