• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Phyllis Nicklin Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
With your determination Lyn you're bound to turn up a photo I feel sure.

I've set up a Phyllis Nicklin thread under Famous People so we can post our "Phyllis the person" type info as this thread was originally to look at her photos. Just about to post the info from here to there. And who knows, maybe we'll put pressure on to get her that blue plaque someone mentioned earlier. Viv.

mike i feel something of a connection with phyllis now as like her i like taking photos although not on the grand scale of hers and we both run a mile if someone tries to take photos of us lol

lyn

hi viv good idea to set up a seperate thread for phyllis...as we know there will be an extensive large exhibition of her work in the autumn so maybe after that the city will feel that she deserves a blue plaque...

just going back to the latest photos in the birmingham post the one of hunters road taken in 68 was of great interest to me...at the time she took that i was only living 2 mins away in villa street...one day and the year would be right i was playing rounders outside my friends house at no 106 villa st which is near to the junction with nursery road and i clearly remember looking up and seeing someone snapping away taking photos of us playing...gut feeling here but could it have been phyllis?? have to admit that i can not recall if the photographer was male or female as i was too busy playing so unless it turns up i will never know...

lyn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back