• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Phyllis Nicklin Blue Plaque Application

I’ve just received an email from the Civic Society saying they are making contact with the University to discuss erecting a plaque for Phyllis Nicklin. I’ve no firm indication yet as to whether the University will agree to take this forward, but watch this space. It looks to me that the CS will suggest to the University that they use the occasion of her death (50 years this year) to do so.

Could I ask that a member confirms for me the exact date of her birth and the exact date of her death please ? This is just to double check the details we already have in the Phyllis Nicklin family thread.

As I say, watch this space. And many thanks all. Viv.
I'm still up for a donation to this worthy cause, Viv. Cheers, S23.

Thanks Alan. Yes, I realise we have that info, I just want someone to do a final double check of census/birth/death records before I pass it on to the Civic Society.They’ll then use it as the basis of their argument for commemorating the 50th anniversary of her death. So we want to make doubly sure we have the correct info. Viv,

viv i cant check as i am not subbed to ancestry ect at the min but hopefully someone who is can assist

lyn

Phyllis birth date from 1939 register is 9 May 1909 (I would post the image but this thread won't allow attachments).

Death date is harder but the records says Dec 1969 (I think you would need death certificate for actual date).

I used to subscribe to Findmypast so I logged in and searched the newspapers. I can't read the announcement as they are not legible until you pay, but the newspaper is dated November 21st. 1969 Birmingham Daily Post. I tried GRO but they only go up to 1957 for online certificates.
Birmingham bereavement site gives two results, Brandwood End and Lodge Hill Cemeteries.
Bereavement Services | Birmingham City Council - Bereavement Services | Birmingham City Council
rosie.

thanks rosie i think someone who has access to the newspaper articles could solve the death date for us

lyn

Here you are:
Birm post.21.11.1969.jpg

Thanks all. That seems to be confirmation. Shall pass on the info to the Civic Society.

Interesting that donations were to be made to the Baptist Women’s Fed Home for Elderly Ladies. Perhaps it was another group of Phyllis’s interest

Viv.

Back