• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photoshop ?

cristol

proper brummie kid
hi
Some of you very kindly helped me with photo repairs last year. Although this is not actually Birmingham related - I wondered if anyone is able to photoshop someone into a family reunion picture for me. The person in question was the reason for the reunion of long lost cousins and travelled over from America. Unfortunately, he is not in the picture as he took the photograph and we didnt realise this oversight at the time !!
Regards
Cristol

hi cristol yes you are in the correct place..hopefully some of our clever members will be along to assist you

lyn

IMG_8530.JPG And this is the guy that I would like to add to the space in the middle ?
This pic was taken on the Same occasion but not very clear?
But I will upload a couple more of him that might be of use ?

This guy

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1163.JPG
    IMG_1163.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1164.JPG
    IMG_1164.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 10
Hi Cristol,
I don't have Photoshop but was tempted to have a quick go. However you need to tell us how tall your friend is relative to others in the pic. For example, is he taller than the man to his right or same height so he can be adjusted if necessary. Hopefully someone with Photoshop will be along soon ...:)
oldmohawk
xImg_0631.jpg

Phil,

That's a good start. I have Photoshop 6, but never use it as there are other programs I prefer to use. The results are much the same whichever post-processing program you use, and it's a matter of personal choice and ease of use. Photoshop is not a special magic bullet.

Maurice

Hi Maurice,
I used Gimp and confess to watching a tennis match over the top of my laptop screen as I was doing the pic. If Cristol confirms the man's relative height I could probably make a better job tomorrow.
Phil

IMG_8531.JPG IMG_1369.JPG IMG_8519.JPG thanks guys - ah ha - height - that makes sense?
He is rather tall - here are pics taken same day with some of the people in the
Photo - including the man to the right. Does that help ?

IMG_1368.JPG I would say he is a fair bit taller than the two men either side of him - him and the man to his left in main pic are also in this pic.

Last edited:
Back