• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photos of Birmingham 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it , Lyn, if you are looking for office space, you will look for the most modern building you can find as it is likely to have the most up to date facilities and insulation and the rent of the 40 year old building next door is not likely to be much lower. Which would you choose, given that there is no shortage of office space anywhere?

Maurice

This photograph was taken yesterday in Cherry Street, near the House of Fraser. Hope brings it brings a smile to you but if it doesn't then you will know who you can go and see. Dave.
P1000370 (2).JPG

Its a gas regulator or governor, there are a few of these in and aroud the city. Sorry to be a little vague, I'm not a gas industry expert.

This photograph was taken yesterday in Cherry Street, near the House of Fraser. Hope brings it brings a smile to you but if it doesn't then you will know who you can go and see. Dave.
View attachment 132888
Good to see the old cast iron street name still in situ. On my wanderings around the City I have been surprised at how many of these still exist. Can they be put under preservation orders?
Bob

This thread is now closed. Thank you to all who added information and photos. If a new thread is started for modern views of Birmingham, please start it off in the General Discussion section. Thanks.

Viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back