• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Photos - Uploading

Just found the site and have been trawling through various threads etc. How do I go about uploading a couple of photos for small heath area? Not sure how brilliant they will be once I have scanned them in tho

Just found the site and have been trawling through various threads etc. How do I go about uploading a couple of photos for small heath area? Not sure how brilliant they will be once I have scanned them in tho
Have a look at the following forum link for the method of uploading photos ... :)

Due to age not good with computers so need help please. Probably not right thread but searched and cannot find another. It is to do with photos that folk have put in. They talk about the photos but on most there is no actual photo to be seen. What do I do to find the actual photo.

Due to age not good with computers so need help please. Probably not right thread but searched and cannot find another. It is to do with photos that folk have put in. They talk about the photos but on most there is no actual photo to be seen. What do I do to find the actual photo.
Hi johnny082,
Some photos in posts earlier than October 2011 were lost in a hack attack as already mentioned. Please say which particular photo you are looking for and someone will try and find it for you.

There is no direct way of searching for a particular image on the forum so other methods have to be used.

One method I use is .....
The forum Search as shown below will find the most recent 200 posts with images (or image links) inserted into them.
1) Click Search ... it is top right by the magnifying glass
2) The search box will appear.
3) Type attach in the top section
4) Then click search
A list of posts will appear with 20 per page over 10 pages.
If you type a forum members name in the relevant box it will find the most recent 200 posts with images (or image links) which that forum member has posted. If they have not posted 200 images it will show what they have posted.
Image2.jpg

Thanks so much for your reply oldMohawk. In fact the ones I was looking at the other day were pre 2011. It is so sad that a lot of our wonderful history has been lost because some lout thinks they are being clever. Bring back the stocks !!!!

Some of the pre 2011 photos were actually saved but they are stored on the forum’s Image Host (coppermine).

Back