• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photos - Uploading

Hughes

master brummie
Is it possible to post a photo from my computor
Regards
J Hughes

Last edited by a moderator:
Geff

Click on upload a file bottom right of the page, pick the photo you want to upload on your computer, click on the photo, then click on open. It then should upload to the forum all you have to do then is click on save changes. If the photo does not upload it is either too big or it's the wrong file type. Have a go and come back if you have a problem.

you can also drag a photo/picture directly into the post drag and drop style

Now that's interesting, I didn't know that, I must give a try next time I upload a photo.

I have already uploaded several photo's onto the Forum, but today, I can only get an Error message. I have reduced the size down to a thumbnail, and still get the same message, so it isn't the size thats the problem. I don't have problems on other sites, so whats gone wrong?

No you will have to convert to another format. Many other forums have similar problems with the format

I have now tried, png, jpg, and gif, and your Forum has rejected them all. I can take a hint, I won't be troubling you again.

you can also drag a photo/picture directly into the post drag and drop style
Trying the drag and drop
20160927_181859000_iOS (Small).png 20160927_181859000_iOS.jpg
The pic on the left is png and on the right jpg
It works for me.
I noticed that I still had to 'insert' the pics after I had dragged them in so I shall stay with the normal method ... it is just as quick.

Last edited:
Thanks oldMohawk, but as I have never had this problem in over ten years on other sites, or indeed on my own, I simply can't be bothered. Do let me know if you manage to bring the Forum programing up to date.

Since the forum changed to the widely used Xenforo software photo uploads became more reliable compared to the old vBulletin software. The other way of putting photos on is to use the forum's image host Coppermine and the pic below was put on from there.

Last edited:
Back