• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Photographic studio Alum Rock Road

LyninUK

Hi, Does anyone recall the photographic studios which was on the Alum Rock Road, opposite the Brookhill Public House? I remember my mother taking my daughter there for some pictures around 1973 and am desperate to get hold of negatives. Problem being I cannot find who took the photos. I know it was a woman photographer. Can anyone help with the name of the photographer or the Studio?

the only one I can see is Morris studios at 491 alum rock road, good luck with your search...

That sounds familiar. Thank you so much. My mother had a lovely photo of my daughter which ‘went missing’ some time ago. Mother suffered with Alzheimer’s for many years prior to her death and I am now trying to find the photo. Morris studios sounds like a good start.

It was definitely Morris Studio’s run by a Howard Morris as my father had the television shops next door in the 50’s and 60’s. The shops were called Stan Woods and for a time Channel 8 referring to the commercial television station.

It was definitely Morris Studio’s run by a Howard Morris as my father had the television shops next door in the 50’s and 60’s. The shops were called Stan Woods and for a time Channel 8 referring to the commercial television station.
it was morris's photo studio, later run by the son.trever he lived in bromforld lane.and moved to aberystwith. he was a friend of mine.. is dad took our family photo 66 yrs ago.

Attachments

• morris's.png
    morris's.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back