• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photo tidy up, please

Lumpammer

master brummie
I wonder if one of your photo wizards could clean up this photo, please. I am also trying to find a date for it. I think the groom is William(Billy) Ball and his Bride was Clara, possibly Payne. Billy lived in Pontypridd and Clara was a Brummie. The little lad on the right is now 80 and the lady next to the bride is Florence Collins. I can’t ask family as they are all sadly passed. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you

Attachments

• 558FB97E-B725-4470-BDC7-38660415D964.jpeg
    558FB97E-B725-4470-BDC7-38660415D964.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 30
Lumpammer, with the greatest of respect, the image appears to be very small, about 2" x 1.5", and only about 25.5 kilobytes could it be scanned possibly at a higher resolution, members can work wonders with photographs, but at this small we can hardly see it let alone improve it. ;)

If the little lad was 6, photo would have been taken 74 years ago (if he's now 80) i.e 1947
If the little lad was 8, photo would have been taken 72 years ago (if he's now 80) i.e. 1949

Last edited:
Lumpammer, with the greatest of respect, the image appears to be very small, about 2" x 1.5", and only about 25.5 kilobytes could it be scanned possibly at a higher resolution, members can work wonders with photographs, but at this small we can hardly see it let alone improve it. ;)
Sorry, it was sent to my phone by a distant cousin. I will try to get the original and scan it myself, then repost it. Thanks

A couple of things there doesn't appear to be a marriage for a William Ball to a Clara Payne between 1920 and 1965. Not many for a William Ball to anyone named Clara (just 3 I think).

However, there is a marriage between a William Henry Baul and a Clara Elizabeth Payne in Pontypridd but that was in 1921.

Groom looks like he's in uniform as do a couple of guests. Are they British caps/hats?

Last edited:
Gave it a go at enhancing, you will get a better job with a good quality scan, in the meantime,here is something to go along with

Attachments

• 20210813142335924.jpg
    20210813142335924.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 30
Back