• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Photo Repair Please

Lady Penelope

master brummie
Could someone improve this photo for me please? I don't know who is pictured but the reverse reads 'Baby Bennett, 19 Bridge Road, Gravelly Hill' which was my Gt Grandparents house.

Attachments

• 19 Bridge Road Baby (2).jpg
    19 Bridge Road Baby (2).jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 57
Could someone improve this photo for me please? I don't know who is pictured but the reverse reads 'Baby Bennett, 19 Bridge Road, Gravelly Hill' which was my Gt Grandparents house.
Got rid of the worst scratches but there is not a lot of detail, regards, John.

Attachments

• 19 Bridge Road Baby_LadyPenelope.jpg
    19 Bridge Road Baby_LadyPenelope.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 57
  • cut out.jpg
    cut out.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 60
Thanks to everyone for the restorations. Smashing jobs gentlemen.

Yes, that's the Bridge Road now completely wiped out by Spaghetti Junction.

On this c1955 map, Bridge road is in red, and no 19 is in blue.
VERY nice – thank you very much. I was thinking 'can't see for looking', but the name isn't printed on the map version I was checking!
I've driven right over the plot a few times, I reckon, thanks to Spaghetti Junction.
I was hoping the road was a little further north and had been spared the bombs and bulldozers so that I could have a look at the property and maybe 3D model some of the features. Some other time, eh?

Brondrange/Jim – nice piece of work, by the way. What are you using for image processing?

Hi Qu.Be, I've posted these pics on the Salford Bridge thread but they show a little more of the road. They both show a little of Leamington Road (so that you can get your bearings) the colour one is from the 1960's just before the properties were demolished and the b/w is from 1930's. The PC shows the original buildings before Tyburn Road was cut on the right. You can just see Leamington Road on the left and further back is Slade Road.

Lilian Bennett 2.jpgbridgeroad restored.jpgSalford Bridge Shops.jpg

The lady/girl holding the baby looks particularly young in the last edit.

Also see (being nosy) that the Bennett's lived on Bridge Road from at least 1901 until 1965. Were they the only occupants of no 19 from construction to demolition?

A bit late to the party but I'm running 'Windows 11 beta' in my laptop and wanted to test a 'freebie' photo editor with it and chose this photo which gave it a good test ... :)
Which photo editor were you trying?

(I'm wondering about trying a Linux Windowsalike, Windowsfx 11, being an old UNIX/Linux hack, by the by – although this is getting WAY off thread).
QB

Which photo editor were you trying?

(I'm wondering about trying a Linux Windowsalike, Windowsfx 11, being an old UNIX/Linux hack, by the by – although this is getting WAY off thread).
QB
Hi, I used Gimp 2.10. If you search the forum for the word gimp you will see lots of posts from me as I learnt how to use it, but for serious restoration Photoshop is better and more user-friendly but costs !
If you search the forum for the word linux you will also see lots of posts from me and others about using Linux Mint !
oldmohawk

oldMohawk, so far would you give Windows 11 a thumbs up? I am looking really hard at a new computer and putting 11 on it. Your feedback would be appreciated!
Hi Richard, I suppose one description of Windows 11 is that it is Windows 10 with a 'shiny new wrapper'. Every app/program/file I used with Win 10 works with Win 11.

I would think that computers sold from October will either have Win 11 installed or Win 10 with free upgrade to Win 11 and by Christmas all retail computers will have Win 11.

Windows 11 this morning on my laptop ... it looks a bit like Windows 7 ...
Screenshot (711) (Medium).jpg
Desktop background with some shortcut icons
Taskbar at the bottom with apps etc
I guess any further discussion should move to a new thread ... ;)

Back