• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

photo editing

cookie273uk

master brummie
up to yesterday, if I wished to edit a pic I merely clicked the pic in my pic file, it would then enlarge and in top RH corner would be 'edit' and I could do anything with pic, but now when I click on pic it still enlarges but appears on 'paint' with no way of editing pic. Any ideas ? Eric

Not sure but if you right click on the picture it should give you an 'open with' option where you can choose which programme to open it with, maybe you've set it to open with paint by accident.

up to yesterday, if I wished to edit a pic I merely clicked the pic in my pic file, it would then enlarge and in top RH corner would be 'edit' and I could do anything with pic, but now when I click on pic it still enlarges but appears on 'paint' with no way of editing pic. Any ideas ? Eric
Eric, you may have previously been using Win 10 'Photos' which is the default photo editor with Win 10.

As mentioned in post#2 right click on the photo file.

A dialogue box appears and halfway down it click 'open with'.

A small window opens and then left click on 'Choose another app'

Another small window appears so then click on 'Photos' and tick the box for 'Always use this app to open .jpg files'

Then click 'ok'.

oldMohawk, followed your instructions but after 2nd small window a menu of about 9 options appeared, paint, paint 3D, IE etc, but NO 'Photos'. It was OK yesterday morning, but stopped working in the afternoon. Eric

Last edited:
Back