• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Phoenix Assurance Colmore Row

Shardendken

Lapsed Brummie
1968 to 1970- Worked there for 2 years studying to be an ACII as part of the management training scheme. Left in March 1970 to start my IT career initially in the motor industry. Can remember a few characters who worked there:
Trevor Speedie, Mr Withers, Mr Dewhurst, Paul Melville, John Griffin, John Watkins, John Marshall, Brian Baldwin, Pete Lloyd, Gill Welch, Janet Tennant and Pam Dean (whom I married in 1972).
A couple of photos from 1910 - the ground floor General Accident office doesn't look any different from when I worked there!

Attachments

• Phoenix_Assurance_1901_1of2.jpg
    Phoenix_Assurance_1901_1of2.jpg
    931.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Phoenix_Assurance_1901_2of2.jpg
    Phoenix_Assurance_1901_2of2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back