• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Rea Phoebe of Bromsgrove

A little bit of interest, Phoebe wasn't the only one to have illegitimate children. Her mother (Sarah Woodin) had at least 2 and her grandmother (Ann Manning) also had at least one. Her half sister appears to have had at least one as well.
i know sarah woodin was married to mr woodin i think he died i dont tend to keep non family members in my tree.

Im afraid not, maybe she didnt. but where did she go after 1911 if not. i cant find her, iv checked and the family seem to dissapear exept my grandad arthur.
on the oyther hand you did find a 1935 cert that said she was with harry and reas in the same house i must look for that one.

I tink it may be the marriage to Morris. On 1901 census Phoebe has a brother George. George marries a Nellie Hill and on the 1935 eroll Phoebe Morris and George + Nellie + William Arthur Rea live in Bell Barn Road.
View attachment 144109
iv found this. it looks like they could have been living next door to the reas maybe william was the head of 10 court 62and george was living with them,... do you think 1 court and 10 court are just different houses

The court number was 62 and numbers 1 and 10 were houses round the same courtyard I think. The map site I use is playing up (too many users at the moment i think) otherwise I would try to find it on a map. I will check and see if I can get a map. You often get family members in the same court - I suppose one member knew if a tenant was leaving and so was able to tell someone a property was to rent.
My money is on the marriage to Harry Morris - Linda being his daughter.

Sorry, I did miss him. He doesn't appear to be correctly registered on the GRO site.

Sarah Woodin wasn't married prior to marrying Thomas Reay.
you must be right i have her parents in my tree. i must be getting too old for this.

hello everyone who has tried to help me, but i have found the answer from a very elderly distant aunt who would have been phoebes granddaughter.. apparently phoebe never married. so we can stop looking but im very grateful for your help and time, i thought we were getting somewhere. but at least it shows the level of willing help and expertise out there if we need it. donna.

hello everyone who has tried to help me, but i have found the answer from a very elderly distant aunt who would have been phoebes granddaughter.. apparently phoebe never married. so we can stop looking but im very grateful for your help and time, i thought we were getting somewhere. but at least it shows the level of willing help and expertise out there if we need it. donna.
update, I have been contacted on here by phoebes gr granddaughter today, so fingers crossed there may be some new news.

Back