• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rea Phoebe of Bromsgrove

donnaexpat

knowlegable brummie
looking for possible husband of phoebe born 1883 in catshill bromsgrove and had an illegitimate son arthur thomas rea. im trying to find out if she ever married arthurs dad but have nothing to go on as in name. arthur was born 1909 and phoebe was still living at home in 1911. have no other info on my great grandmother.

There is a marriage of a Phoebe Rea (mistranscrbed on Ancestry as Phobe) in Bromsgrove in 1917 to Sydney Sivell. No idea if this is the marriage you want. (Ref: Bromsgrove vol 6c and page 430).

There is also a Phoebe Rea married to Harry Morris in 1927 in Birmingham (Birmingham South vol 6d and page 55). These two are at 1/301 Bell Barn Road.
If any of that helps.

yes that is a problem as ancestry are giving me sydney as a potential ancestor to but then their hint lists him in a family with wife annie beesley and all their children 2 of which are born after he supposed to have married phoebe so i cant get around him.

There is a marriage of a Phoebe Rea (mistranscrbed on Ancestry as Phobe) in Bromsgrove in 1917 to Sydney Sivell. No idea if this is the marriage you want. (Ref: Bromsgrove vol 6c and page 430).

There is also a Phoebe Rea married to Harry Morris in 1927 in Birmingham (Birmingham South vol 6d and page 55). These two are at 1/301 Bell Barn Road.
If any of that helps.
i will check that thank you, i think ill have to get the mariage cert for morris to proove it .

I tink it may be the marriage to Morris. On 1901 census Phoebe has a brother George. George marries a Nellie Hill and on the 1935 eroll Phoebe Morris and George + Nellie + William Arthur Rea live in Bell Barn Road.
1586897847821.png

Don't think Phoebe has a brother George, in 1901 she appears to be a servant of Thomas Hill.

Could still have married Harry Morris though.

I think Phoebe was the daughter of Thomas Rea and Sarah Woodin, and possibly registered as Rhoda.

Listed as Red in 1891, other siblings match Rea/Woodin registrations.

There are 2 other illegitimate Rea children listed in Kings Norton, a Rosa May, 1910 (Phoebe has a sister Rosa) and a William Thomas, 1914. Not sure if they're hers.

YES THOMAS AND SARAH ARE HER PARENTS BUT IV GOT NOTHING AFTER THE 1911 CENCUS. AND NOONE WHO CAN TELL ME ANYTHING.

The George I mentioned has a father Thomas who was a gardener so I am fairly certain he is Phoebe's brother - otherwise very much of a coincidence.

rosa may and thomas are strange iv got rosa b 1873 and thomas b 1884. where did you find them as i cant find anything after 1911

I think Phoebe was the daughter of Thomas Rea and Sarah Woodin, and possibly registered as Rhoda.

Listed as Red in 1891, other siblings match Rea/Woodin registrations.

There are 2 other illegitimate Rea children listed in Kings Norton, a Rosa May, 1910 (Phoebe has a sister Rosa) and a William Thomas, 1914. Not sure if they're hers.
hello can you tell me where you found rosa and william please its not easy to sort this out. i found a phoebe morris in the 1939 cencus but there was a linda morris daughter but her mothers maiden name wasnt rea.

I saw that 1939 reg and wondered if Linda was Harry's daughter from a first marriage. The marriage was 1927 and Linda's birth is 23 or 24 (the 23 seems to have been crossed out).

I saw that 1939 reg and wondered if Linda was Harry's daughter from a first marriage. The marriage was 1927 and Linda's birth is 23 or 24 (the 23 seems to have been crossed out).
yes could be, i have only found a birth for rosa in 1910 but it doesnt give the mothers name and i cant find her anywhere else

Back