• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pets & Guy Fawkes Night

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
Our Dog has no trouble at all with Fireworks but a noise from the Fire in the home and she hides:(

Maybe because that is her territory Alf and she does not like it in doors. They are all different our pets arn't they?. This one sits so close he will toast one day. Take care. Jean.

I do worry about those pets who are disturbed on Bonfire Night but I've had cats and dogs and while the dogs stayed indoors (sensible!) and the cats roamed wherever, I think that it's got to be live and let live. If your pet's upset then don't let them out on the night. All these bleeding heart animal rights people get on my wick.:rolleyes:
I can feel the arrows coming in as I type!
I'll get me coat.

David I do care about the animals and I think the best thing to do that may annoy the neighbours is to turn the tele up very loud shut the curtains and this should disstract your pet. Unfortunately some areas have idiots that let off those thunder bombs that were not around years ago. They ought to ban them maybe and just stick to the conventional fireworks. I love them and love to see the look on our autistic grandsons face when he watches them. I agree live and let live but meet somewhere in between. Jean.

David I do care about the animals and I think the best thing to do that may annoy the neighbours is to turn the tele up very loud shut the curtains and this should disstract your pet. Unfortunately some areas have idiots that let off those thunder bombs that were not around years ago. They ought to ban them maybe and just stick to the conventional fireworks. I love them and love to see the look on our autistic grandsons face when he watches them. I agree live and let live but meet somewhere in between. Jean.

Absolutely right Jean, well put. Let's all meet somewhere in the middle.:)
Like a lot here, I suspect, why do people start letting them off before the 5th? I think that Bonfire Night should be just that - Bonfire Night, the 5th Nov., it's not rocket science (no pun intended) In that way I think the animal people would only have 1 night to look after their pets. They shouldn't have to worry days or weeks in advance.:)
PS like your fireworks.:beam:

I had forgotten about Bonfire Night.... Great memories have come flooding back... I guess I've been in the States for too long

Back