• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peter walker.

I miss him too. I always loved meeting him his quiet manner and great interlect!

I agree with you all ... Wendy I couldn't have put it better, apart from adding a real Gentleman in every way.

Perhaps one Forum day a year should be called Peter Walker Remembrance day? He gave such a lot and took little. A man well worth remembering.

Shortie

hi shortie...thats a lovely idea of yours...and well befitting a man such as peter...

lyn

Hi Lyn - obviously one of my better days today!! I thought it would be a nice, quiet way of remembering a generous minded man - he was more than happy to pass on what he knew, and he knew a considerable amount.

Shortie

Perhaps one Forum day a year should be called Peter Walker Remembrance day? He gave such a lot and took little. A man well worth remembering.

Shortie

What a great idea shortie. The day he was taken from us 19th November would be a good day to remember our mate Peter

As a newer member, have read some of Peters contributions and think it sounds a great plan, he obviously gave a lot to the site.
Sue

I totally agree with that suggestion. Peter put so much on this site, and what better way for him to be remembered by his friends here.

As it is a Saturday perhaps he could be remembered by those who knew him at one of the forums meet ups,perhaps in the venue you all last met with him.
I am sure his wife would appreciate this thought. Alberta

peters last meet up was in feb 2010 when we had the big forum meet at the stags head...summer lane..but i do know that the black eagle was a favourite of peters so that may be nice...

lyn

When ever Peter came to Birmingham one of his favorite pubs to visit was the Anchor in Digbeth. There again Peter had so many he liked to visit. I have often wondered how far he got in his second atempt at recording the history of Birmingham Pubs after he accidently deleted the allmost complete first list.

It has been Five years since we lost Peter Walker and I still miss him so much, it's like I have lost a member of my family.
For those that knew him, we lost a true friend and a perfect Gentleman with a overwhelming passion for Birmingham and all it stands for.
For those that never met him, you missed out on a truly amazing experience.
Rest in peace my cyber brother, still missing you.

Jim.

I'm sorry but I never met the gentleman so I have no personal insight, although I did interact with him on occasion on the forum. I was always struck by how well informed he was on most topics and how willing he was to share that knowledge. The forum is a much poorer place without him and he is missed greatly.

I'm 100% with Phil, 101% perhaps because I've never met anyone from the Forum in person. But as Phil says, we was a very knowledgeable guy and much respected on this Forum.

Maurice

Remembering Peter today. He is often in my thoughts. A kind and knowledgeable man. I learned so much about Birmingham from his contributions to the site and the kindness he and his wife showed to me when I went to stay with them in Croydon. Unforgettable memories.

Back