• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peter walker.

Rest in peace Peter my thoughts are with your friends and family today.

I got back from Peter's funeral service about 1/2 hour ago. I wasn't able to speak to Barbara after the service, and couldn't attend at the pub, as had to catch the train to return to Reading. However it was a very peaceful and pleasant service; very "Peter" , if you get what I mean . About 90 people were there, more than they expected i think, as orders of service and chairs were in short supply. I think it was as Peter would have wished.
Thought I was going to be stuck in a train during the service, as some idiot had struck a bridge at the strangely named "Martin's Heron", and it was delayed for about 1/2 hour, but I obviously got there OK.
Mike

i have been thinking about peter and the family today. its nice to hear that you attended mike.

hi mike..so pleased that you were able to attend peters funeral and it all went off ok..just as peter would have wanted..

lyn

I'm so pleased that members from 'The BHF' were able to attend, Peter always attended BHF functions if he was able so a great tribute to him.
I too was thinking very much of Peter, his family and friends on this very sad day.
Peter was very fond of Organ and church music, he was an accomplished musician in this area himself so I assume that was very much in evidence.

R.I.P my friend.

I have been thinking about Peter Walker and his family today. I am pleased to hear that you attended the funeral Mike and that it all went well. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to attend Peter's funeral Mike. I am glad it went well. I too was thinking of him and the family today.

He played the organ at St Michael's Soho as a young man. I remember he wanted to play there again but sadly because of events his wish was never granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great that you were able to attend Mike. That was a great gesture for Peter. Do you happen to have an Order of Service please?

I'm afraid they ran short of them, and I gave the one I received on entry to a later arrival
Mike

The man may be gone but the spirit will remain forever in the knowledge he so willingly shared with all of us.
I feel like I have lost a Brother but I feel so lucky to have spent time with him.
R.I.P. Peter, I will do my best to keep your knowledge alive.

No problem. It was good to know that so many people turned out today and that they ran short of programmes because of that. . I will ask Barbara later on about the Order of Service. I mainly wanted to know which hymns were sung. Thanks again Mike. Peter had an organ at home and he always loved music.

This post caught my eye tonight and as I often think of Peter I read all the lovely tributes to him again. We should, as Jim has said, always remember Peter and the huge contribution he made to the history of Birmingham with his postings on BHF.

I agree Di. Peter is often in my thoughts as is Barbara. I hope to be in touch with Barbara very soon to see how she is carrying on.

i think of peter quite a lot too di.....he has left a huge gap in this forum but he also left such a lot behind...

god bless him...

lyn

Back