• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peter walker.

I am sad to hear the news about Peter, I extend my own and families sincer Condolences to Peter's wife and familey.
paul stacey

This is such a shock, Peter was a true gentleman. His postings on this Forum were always so well received, and I am not the only one among us who must have missed him recently on the occasions I log in. I had no idea that he was unwell, and I had thought I would send him a message but I didn't actually do that. I wish that I had.
I last saw him on the momentous occasion of his 70th Birthday, which he held in Birmingham. He didn't drive, and yet he made sure he was at the hub of things in the City that he left at a young age. A city that he still held dear, and that he wrote about and walked around as if he had never left, to go with him on one of his related walks in print was to feel you were there with him.
God Bless Peter.

View attachment 61094Colin, Chris (Pom), Peter and Barbara 7/7/2007

Colin and I are totally shocked at this news about Peter, we will never forget our meetings with both Peter and Barbara in 2007.
They were so kind and welcoming to us after our first meeting with them and other Forum members at 'The Burlington/Upper Thomas St school reunion 7/7/ 2007' and suggested we meet again when Col and I were in London at the end of August.
So after meeting Peter and spending the day going around London and Greenwich with a very knowledgeable and interesting guide as Peter we were invited back to their home for a meal, even though Barbara had been unwell and had to spend the day at home.

As has already been said Peter was a Gentleman and a very talented man... He had many strings to his bow... I have Copies of four Books he gave to me which he had published... He also sent me a picture of a Model which he had made as part of his Model Railway Village many years ago as a young boy it's of 'The Golden Hind Pub Birmingham' and the Perry Barr area where my sister lives. (A crude depiction) he called it, but I thought it was Brilliant.
Peter's Model
View attachment 61092

Our condolences go to Barbra and the family, you are all in our thoughts.

R.I.P Peter with love from Colin and Chris/Pom xx

Last edited:
RIP Peter Walker, Your input to the forum was much appreciated, condolences to his family. Len.

What a shock to log in and see the Banner as a tribute to Peter, I had no idea he was ill although I had missed his posts. I was lucky enough to have met Peter on a number of occasions and also met Barbara a couple of times. I can only reiterate the thoughts of other members, Peter you and your posts will be very sorely missed, always interesting, well researched and informative. My heartfelt sympathy goes to Barbara and his immediate family and friends.

I haven't been a member of Heartlands all that long. But one of the first contacts I made, when I joined, was Peter Walker.

I never met Peter, because I am housebound by one thing or another, but I had quite a few posted contacts with him - for the simple reason that his Dad was one of my teachers at Loxton St. Senior Boys School. 'Daddy' Walker was such a popular bloke, and when some of us left 'Daddy's' younger class as we grew older, we still kept in contact with him one way or another.

From what has been said about Peter previously, it seems that 'Daddy' Walker passed his popularity genes on to his son. I'm so sorry to hear of Peter's passing.

I had decided that I could enjoy - with Peter Walker, and through Heartlands - an important link with my young days.

It grieves me now to have lost that link so soon after acquiring it...

If anyone is in personal contact with his wife, I would be grateful if they would pass on to her my sincere condolences.

Jim Pedley

My deepest sympathy to Peters family. A gentleman. God Bless Max

So so sorry to here about Peter, he was a very nice bloke,
it used to amaze me of the traveling he used to do to meet up with all.
RIP mate condolences to his family.
through the wind and rain you,ll never walk alone..
fond memories Derek

I only met Peter once, but I was amazed at his knowledge and his kindess. Nothing seemed too much trouble to explain to anyone.
My condolences to his family. Rest in Peace Peter, you are in a better place than we are.

My Condolences to Peter's Family, I loved reading his contributions and the detail he gave. RIP Peter.

Although i never met (Peter Walker) my thoughts are with his family ,and reading all the lovely messages must make his family proud of what a lovely chap he was may he R.I.P .

I didn't know Peter other than through BHF, I always admired and looked forward to his postings. It's wonderful to read so many lovely tributes from fellow forum members. My heart goes out to all those friends and family who are left behind with this feeling of emptiness. R.I.P. Peter.

I never met Peter or had any private correspondence with him, but I was always pleased to read his well-researched articles.

Reading through these messages, it is so obvious that he was held in high esteem by his friends and fellow members and his passing is a sad loss to the Forum too. My condolences to his family. R.I.P. Peter

Back