• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pet minding disasters.

G G Jean

Brummy Wench.
I remember the time when we looked after Donald a rescued duck from Pens Hall. When he was well and his wing had healed my brother took him back but he wouldn't swim off but kept running after him so he took him home built him his own pool and an enclosure. Well we were asked to mind him so having a pond we brought him home. He loved it for a couple of days then took flight down the road. Obviously his wing had completely healed and he had not had his flying feathers clipped. Thinking we would never see him again decided to go knocking on door asking if we could have our duck back. Well it turned out that he had landed on Brian and Sans pond on the corner and we caught him and brought him back to ours. Pete did a make shift enclosure till my brother returned. Jean.

Back