• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perry Beeches Secondary School

Wobblyclogs

master brummie
It's great to hear of all you 'young 'uns' getting in touch with one another. I know of many of these places you mention, but I don't seem to be finding anyone from my school years. Maybe going back to the nineteen fifties is a bit too far. Still, I am ever hopeful. Strange though. All those years ago, I often wondered if I would make 'old-bones'.

John

Last edited:

JeannetteM

master brummie
It's great to hear of all you 'young 'uns' getting in touch with one another. I know of many of these places you mention, but I don't seem to be finding anyone from my school years. Maybe going back to the nineteen fifties is a bit too far. Still, I am ever hopeful. Strange though. All those years ago, I often wondered if I would make 'old-bones'.

John Walker
I wasn’t expecting to be in touch with school friends, it is lovely talking about those days and drawing on your memories. Time means nothing does it? I don’t think I ever thought about my ‘old bones’! Jen.

Wobblyclogs

master brummie
Hi Jeanette,

I didn't intend to give the impression I dwelt on the subject of aging. I didn't, but I had plenty of close calls in my youth; times when my blood ran cold, thinking this was it! So far, so good though! So my apologies if I have cast gloom and doom. I will try harder from now on! :)

John

Wobblyclogs

master brummie
Ah... They didn't have Cross Country running when I was at Beeches. If you couldn't sprint, Mr Caldicott reasoned you couldn't run and that was it. I think that was pretty general in those days, unless you joined a proper running club. I found out I could run longer distances when I finally went into the RN in1954. Had fun too, except it could 'brass monkeys'!

John :cold_sweat: