• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Perry Barr - Perry Church - Little Perry

A couple more of the church from Little Perry , Church Lane.
The 'then' pictures are taken from old postcards, the 'now' pictures taken from Google Streetview.
The older of the pictures dates from 1916.

Ian.

Certainly remember St Johns, where My Sister and I went to Sunday School, but Church Lane has changed, just used to be a lane with only the park on the one side and the entrance to the Tennis Court pub (as well as the Church) on the other. Great photo's by the way.

Isn't the Church Tavern there too?. My granddad is buried in that churchyard. Jean.

I think it used to be on the left before you reached the Aldridge road, i used to park the Stocklands coach on the car park, when I was on road test, and popping home for my lunch.

I can't remember The Tennis Court being there Nick but Sheera will know that one. It is the one I thought but you threw me when you mentioned the other pub. Thanks. Jean.

I can't remember The Tennis Court being there Nick but Sheera will know that one. It is the one I thought but you threw me when you mentioned the other pub. Thanks. Jean.
The Tennis Court was on the right hand side before Church Lane and the Park the Church Tavern was on the left the other end of Church Lane before the Aldridge Road:)

Thanks Alf we have not been to the Church Tavern for a couple of years as it has changed so much since using it as a regular stop. Jean.

Jean, the Tennis Courts pub had entrances from the Walsall road and Church lane but had bollards across to stop drivers using it as a shortcut. The Tennis Courts pub was next door to the shops on the Walsall road.

Thanks Nick Pete said we will pop in there one day after shopping. When the snow goes of course. Jean.

Pleasure Jean, the last time I visited was before they built the new Walsall road. When I left, 1970, the tank traps and old air raid shelter were still there.

Back