• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Perry Barr 1928

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
Postcard of Aston Lane dated 1928

Attachments

• Perry Barr Aston Lane (2).jpg
    Perry Barr Aston Lane (2).jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Izzy, I don't but I bet someone on here will know for certain.

I think the road on the left was Tewkesbury Road, with shops on the right hand side between London Road and North Road. The empty site on the left was still shown empty on the 1917 OS map.
Peter

Going towards Perry Barr from Witton

Tintern Road
Railway Road

Kenilworth Road
London Road

North Road Tewkesbury Road

Yes it is Tewksbury Road, the black and white beamed house on the corner was my doctor's surgery.:)

Thanks everyone.Yes I remember now.I have walked the lenghth of Aston Lane so many times, I SHOULD HAVE REMEMBERED....:Aah:

I used to walk it every other Saturday morning to go and play Football for Kynocks and don't remember any Street names at all.:)

Back