• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Perkins Family of Heneage Street and Vauxhall Road ~1840s

Perkins1820

Hello everyone

I am interested in the Perkins family of Birmingham in the 1700s/1800s. My 4xGreat Grandparents are Thomas Perkins (b. ~1786) and Ann Perkins (~b. 1793) nee Bailey) of Vauxhall Road and 3x Great Grandparents John Perkins (b. ~1820) and Martha Perkins (b. ~1820, nee Richards) of Heneage Street North. I am trying to go back beyond Thomas and Ann, but am stuck. Would any of you be familiar with these Perkins by any chance, and have any additional information that would be of use to me? I have reasonably good information from John Perkins forward, but would love to find out the parents of his father Thomas.

My link to them is that Thomas Perkins (born 1842), son of John, came to Ireland in 1860s/1870s to work in the Railway Works of Inchicore Dublin. His family had links there (and his father John was an engine driver in Birmingham, but subsequently relocated with his wife Martha in their old age to Dublin). My grandmother Anne Perkins was the granddaughter of this Thomas.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Back