• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Perfecta Seamless Tube Works Plume Street Aston

Anthony Collins

proper brummie kid
Perfecta Seamless Tube Works. I am looking for any photographs of Plume Street Aston and in particular The Perfecta Seamless Tube Works in Plume Street built by John Bowen & Sons. Please contact me if you can help. Thanks - [email protected]

Holborn Hill with Plume Street middle right.jpgHi Anthony, this is the only picture of Plume Street I have ever found, unfortunately, it doesn't show a lot, it is one of Ray Griffith's wonderful collection. I would also like to obtain some photographs of Plume Street as a few of my ancestors lived there.

A82520A5-AF8E-40B9-BA39-B5EE85AE12B3.jpeg

Express and Star Photo Archives....25 Nov 1987 Wolverhampton Archives

Power press operators at work in newly refurbished factory making wide range of bearings. Fire last January gutted the old factory but new one now houses machinery with old factory being rebuilt on 3 floors alongside.

View attachment 136528

Express and Star Photo Archives....25 Nov 1987 Wolverhampton Archives

Power press operators at work in newly refurbished factory making wide range of bearings. Fire last January gutted the old factory but new one now houses machinery with old factory being rebuilt on 3 floors alongside.
worked here 92 - 94 delivery driver and despatch graham lippett was my gaffer

Back