• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

PERCY V Brooks

Dear Gang,

I am trying to trace a Mr Percy V Brooks.
In 1911 he was living with his father at 89 Gravelly Lane, Erdington, Birmingham.
He was a furniture salesman then.

In 1915 he married Annie Woolf.

The other address I have for him is
"Halbetick" Russell Road, Moseley, Birmingham in 1933.

Thanks in advancve,
gareth

He seems to have had several business addresses as well as his home address. I have listed then separately
In the 1918 and 1919 absent voters lists Percy Victor Brooks is listed as M2/282041, Pte 648 MT Co ASC , and address is 75 Coleshill St
1922-27 30 Horsefair Percy Victor Brooks
1927 345 Coventry Road Percy Victor Brooks
1930-35 345 Coventry Road Percy Victor & Anne Brooks
1925 181 Alexandra Road Percy Victor Brooks
1927 134 Bristol road, Percy Victor Brooks
1930 24 Pebble mill road Percy Victor & Anne Brooks
1935 137 Russell road Percy Victor & Anne Brooks
1939 50½ Moor St & 51 Westfield Road, Percy Victor & Anne Brooks
1945 70 Westfield Rd Percy Victor & Anne Brooks & Ruth Parry
1950 72 Russell Road, Percy Victor & Anne Brooks & Ruth Parry
Mike

He was born in 1888 Birmingham,living in Long Acre with his parents Joseph a wine and spirits traveller and his mother Kate a Wardrobe dealer,both born Dudley.

Gareth ,I see that we have 34 posts from you in a short time,you must be a very keen family researcher.
I presume that all the names you are researching come together at some point to make your tree.
Intrigued as to why so many of them are furniture dealers.
I am so used to searching for Brass founders or Gun makers in Brum.

30 Horsefair is Henry Jennings , fruiterer in 1921 and Horse Fair Furnishing
Stores, house furnishers in 1932
345 Coventry road is Brooks FurnishingStores, house furnishers in 1932 &1933 and Dale's (1933) Furnishers,house furnishers in 1936
The earlier 501 Moor St should have been 50½ Moor St. I have now corrected it.
This was Midland F u r n i t u r e Sales, furniture dlrs 1938-43, but was another furnishers in 1944

Thanks guys this is first rate stuff.
To answer your question Alberta I am working through My Grand Uncle Joe's first World War Letters to his sister Fanny Abrahamson who married Jacob Winter in 1916 in Birmingham. The Abrahamson family came from Leeds and were Tailors. The letters only have a few clues like say hallo to mr. and mrs. Cave etc.
I am surprised the amount of furniture dealers that have entered the picture.
Jacob Winter was also a tailor.
Cheers,
Gareth

Back