• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Peg Monkey Cartoons

Peg Monkey

master brummie
I lived on the Lyndhurst 1960-72, you will recall the estate was on the approach to what was then Elmdon Airport, living in a tower block, as I was, you were very close to the action when a plane passed over, particularly if you were on the roof hanging out washing in the roof-top drying area - an activity I was regularly press-ganged into service with my mum. The planes were so low you could see passengers enjoying a last minute drink before landingChiffon comp.jpg.
Peg.

Peg Monkey

master brummie
In the match below we were thrashed, The 1st A must have had at least 3 players good enough for the Villa Youth Team.
No idea v2.jpg

Last edited:

Peg Monkey

master brummie
Lyndhurst Estate - 1960s: Before it was built on there was a great sledging slope alongside Harlech Tower......
Peg.
Sledging.jpg

Peg Monkey

master brummie
Lyndhurst Estate 1960s - .......my mom insisted on her laundry being dried naturally on the roof-top drying area...........:confused:
Peg.
Peg washing plane.jpg

Peg Monkey

master brummie
Lyndhurst Estate - 1960s
A flashing beacon hat might have been a good idea when on laundry retreival duties......
Peg.
Plane night v3 small text flipped.jpg