• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pearl Hewitt

A

angie

Seeking Pearl Hewitt born Aston 1928,she is my moms step sister.
Does anyone know of the Hewitt family? this is such a mystery as we have been searching for a long time,obviously she may have married and changed name,she also has a brother called Richard Hewitt,his father was also called Richard and thier mother was Henrietta or Eva as she was known nee Hevingham.
Please get in touch if anyone has any info on this family,my mom would love to know more about her step siblings.

Michael_Ingram

master brummie
Not a great deal of help but there was a Hewitt family living in Guildford St, Lozells in the 40s and 50s; around about number 22. I think one of them was Florie Hewitt

A

angie

Michael,thanks so much for your reply,my Hewitts seem to have dropped off the planet.
I think maybe they were from Lozells/Handsworth originally,can you remember any more? this is so important to me and my mom.

Cheers Angie O0

P.s Pearl and Richard would be in their 70s now

Michael_Ingram

master brummie
I will see if I have anything in my notes. If not, next time I am in the reference library I will look up the electoral register. I hesitate to say this as my memory is a little shakey; but it may have been Florie Hewitt that gave us a couple of pence to go to the outdoor of the Guildford Arms on the corner of Farm Street and Hospital Street to get her jug filled with mild. I have hopefully attached a photo of Guildford Street from the 50s. Looking on the right yo can see a poster on the wall, (the side of Rudhall's shop. Just before that there are two houses set back which you can't see. If I am right, the Hewitts lived there, but I will check

A

angie

Michael,thanks again,you are the only person in years to throw any light on the Hewitt family from that area.

Very gratefull Angie :)

E

esther

there were a family named hewitt that lived in ormond st off summer lane way back in the 1920 s and during the 5o s when i was growing up there in ormond st the mother was annie or florrie they had billy john joan amy joan was a childhood friend of my mother and they remained friends for many years joan married a john smith there may be a link with this hewitt family you are seeking regards esther

A

angie

Hi esther,my mom often mentions Summer Lane,do you have any more on those particular Hewitts?
Its got a good chance Pearl and Richard/Dickie may not even know they have step siblings.

Thanks so much Angie :-*

E

esther

angie i dont think there were any step children as i have mentioned they lived in ormond st before my mother was born in 1920 joan hewitt was born around that time too there were other children older and younger they all grew up to adulthood in that street and along came the next generation late 1940 s early 50 s thats all i can inform you on this perticular hewitt family good luck in your search esther

deadrellies

proper brummie kid
Hello
This Family is a branch off my tree, My Grandmother was Alice Turner Sister Of Maud that married Richard Hewitt, I dont have any personal information its all what i have collected through research and have only started on this branch of my tree, Please do get in touch :)

bren

master brummie
Hi angie, just looked on a couple of sites and found these, don't know if you know of these, all Hewitt mothers maiden name Hevingham --

Marriage-- Richard Hewitt/Henrietta P Hevingham B,ham N 6d 930

Female 4th qtr 1927 B,ham N 6d 600
Pearl 4th qtr 1928 B,ham N 6d 556
Richard 4th qtr 1930 B,ham N 6d 684
James H 2nd qtr 1937 Birmingham 6d 238
Rose M 3rd qtr 1938 Birmingham 6d 177

There is a Female Hewitt death-- 4th qtr 1927 B,ham N 6d 43

I assume these are the same family and you would like to know if any of these or their family are still around, will look if you confirm

bren

debz

Does anyone know of the Hewitt family? this is such a mystery as we have been searching for a long time,obviously she may have married and changed name,she also has a brother called Richard Hewitt,his father was also called Richard and thier mother was Henrietta or Eva as she was known nee Hevingham.
Please get in touch if anyone has any info on this family,my mom would love to know more about her step siblings.
Hi Angie, I am pearl Hewitts Grand-daughter. My nanny passed away 20th march 1978 & uncle Richard passed away a few years later. Uncle Richard stayed in Birmingham My nanny came to liverpool got married to my grandad James & they had 10 children.

Last edited:

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi debz welcome to the forum..angies last post was over 10 years ago now and she is no longer a member..she is only a guest so unless she re joins the forum she will not be able to reply to you...

all the best

lyn

debz

hi debz welcome to the forum..angies last post was over 10 years ago now and she is no longer a member..she is only a guest so unless she re joins the forum she will not be able to reply to you...

all the best

lyn
Ok Thankyou very kindly Lyn, trust me to be 10yrs too late.

deadrellies

proper brummie kid
Hi Angie, I am pearl Hewitts Grand-daughter. My nanny passed away 20th march 1978 & uncle Richard passed away a few years later. Uncle Richard stayed in Birmingham My nanny came to liverpool got married to my grandad James & they had 10 children.
Richard was married to my Great Aunt Maud Gladys Turner, I believe she was his second wife.