• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Peaky Blinders - A world away from Downton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Christmas,I was given Peaky Blinders by Carl China, having finished it and enjoyed it rather than sending it to the local charity shop as normal if a member would like it please message me

Bob

For Christmas,I was given Peaky Blinders by Carl China, having finished it and enjoyed it rather than sending it to the local charity shop as normal if a member would like it please message me

Bob
Bob, a very nice gesture offering the book to any member. I read quite a few books and when I have read them I donate them to my local Library who are more than glad of them. A much better option than the charity shop.

Bob, a very nice gesture offering the book to any member. I read quite a few books and when I have read them I donate them to my local Library who are more than glad of them. A much better option than the charity shop.
That is a new one, donating them to the local library, I will find out if our local libraries take finished with books. We used the charity shop as they were always begging for them, although in the case of Peaky Blinders, neither local library or charity shop in North Devon would find them interesting I would think.

bob

They might do, I borrowed the book on Birmingham Gangs from my local library in London so they must have thought it would have had a general appeal to have got it in stock.

That is a new one, donating them to the local library, I will find out if our local libraries take finished with books. We used the charity shop as they were always begging for them, although in the case of Peaky Blinders, neither local library or charity shop in North Devon would find them interesting I would think.

bob
Bob, with the interest in the series of Peaky Blinders not being just in the Birmingham area but quite International, I'm quite sure they would be grateful for your donation.

I happened to see this book available from the National Archives:

I went into the Bulls Head last June one evening. Had not realised it being a stand-in for the Garrison ,though it was very PB orientated. It was only just after resrictions were eased, but virtually no one in there and was told it was closing early (at 9.00pm if I remember right) although it was a friday night

Hi Pete,

So did I in the late 60's. I lived not far away in Tilton Road at the time.

It was a very friendly pub then.

Kind regards
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back